The Addis Video Art Festival is now accepting applications for their 2015 programme! Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is currently in the midst of a massive transformation, expanding drastically with over a quarter of its current residents relocating to new neighborhoods. Old communities are disappearing almost as quickly as new ones are forming. Paralleling the current state of the city, the Addis Video Art Festival seeks works that explores and interprets the complex idea of a “new home” whether it be an external, literal or physical home, an internal psychological home or a cyber-home.
Addis Video Art Festival video still.
The Addis Video Art Festival intends to provide a platform for innovative video art in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The festival will screen throughout the city in a variety of locations including street corners, rooftops, public centers and art centers. By sharing video art in both conventional and non-conventional settings, the festival will reach both the artist community and the everyday passerby. The festival aims to create a dialogue between local, and international artists by encouraging digital media culture.
Regulation and Guidelines
– Submission deadline: 1 August 2015
– Open call to national and international artists
– Free submission
– Theme: “New home”
– Single channel videos only
– Digital submission only
– Works must be made within the past 3 years
– If the work uses a language other than English, the videos must be subtitled in English
– Maximum duration 15 minutes
– Two works may be submitted per artist/ requiring a separate entry form per submission
– Preview links (to Vimeo, YouTube or a personal website) should be sent to email@example.com with password if required
– Selected artist will be notified by 1 November 2015, at which point a screening copy will be requested
For more information please visit: www.addisvideoartfestival.net