• Films must be completed in 2014 and 2015
• Submissions will be accepted with either a DVD screener or an online screener
• Submissions must be entered via the online DIFF Visitor Page. In order to submit a film, an account needs to be created if this has not already been done in previous years.
• There is no charge for entries
• The deadline for all entries (short films, documentaries and feature fiction films), including delivery of screeners, is 20 March 2015.
In addition to screenings the festival hosts an extensive seminar and workshop programme featuring local and international filmmakers and industry professionals. This includes the Talents Durban programme, in cooperation with Berlinale Talents, which runs from 17 to 21 July. The Durban FilmMart, a film finance and co-production market in partnership with the Durban Film Office, runs alongside DIFF from 17 to 20 July.
Climate change and movies which explore how people relate to the earth’s evolving ecosystem are a focus of the 2015 program. Festival manager Peter Machen says, “We are very excited about receiving a wealth of challenging and high quality films from around the world. We also welcome engagement with current and potential partners who support the development of cinema in Africa and beyond. Such collaboration is a major part of the festival and helps to provide filmmakers and the public with a programme of brilliant films and a solid development programme.”
For more information visit the DIFF website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.